» eCommerce Hosting
» Payment Gateways:
888.321.6239 US toll-free
dotCOM host Datacenters Achieves SAS 70 Type II Certification
Early in 2008 dotCOM host datacenters in San Diego completed the auditing process necessary
to achieve SAS 70 Type II certification. Our main datacenter has received this audit certification
from independent auditing firm DuPont & Morgan, LLP. SAS 70 certification is an
internationally-recognized standard which reviews all levels of technology service providers
over a six-month period for business practices, communication, internal procedures, and security.
DuPont & Morgan, based in Nashville, TN, is a premier CPA and independent auditing firm which
specializes in SAS 70 audits for technology providers. Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) 70
is an auditing standard created by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants that
applies specifically to service organizations. SAS 70 is also a field audit, and for the Type II
review, DuPont & Morgan auditors spent six months, July through December 2007, on-site at the
datacenter. Auditors went through almost 190 different control and policy areas, from physical
security to accounting practices.
About SAS 70 Certification
The internationally recognized Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) No.70, Service Organizations,
was developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). SAS 70 provides
a uniform reporting format that allows service organizations to disclose their control activities
and processes to their customers and their customers' auditors. In a SAS 70 examination, an
independent accounting and auditing firm conducts an in-depth audit to ensure that a service provider
offers adequate controls and safeguards for the critical task of hosting and/or processing data
belonging to its customers. SAS 70 Certification addresses all five components of internal control
outlined in Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act of 2002, and demonstrates that the service
provider has established effectively designed control objectives and control activities.
The service auditor's report, which includes the service auditor's opinion, is issued to the
service organization at the conclusion of a SAS 70 examination. For more information regarding
SAS 70 auditing, please visit the SAS 70 website.
dotCOM host operates out of multiple datacenters, all rated as Tier-3 or higher level,
and all certified SAS 70 Type II. Many other providers advertise 'Tier 1' facilities, which are
actually low-grade ("1" doesn't actually mean "better" here). dotCOM host uses ultra-robust
premium facilities and 2N+1 redundant equipment to minimize all server downtime.
Our main datacenter is located in San Diego, California. Other locations include Phoenix (Arizona), Ashburn (Virginia) and Amsterdam (Holland)."
- Environmental control units that give a 100% SLA-guaranteed temperature and humidity within a certain range.
- The most advanced pre-action fire-suppression systems available.
- Raised floors and zone-4 certified for earthquakes.
- All premises are closely monitored and guarded, 24x7x365, with sophisticated pan/tilt CCTV covering every part of the facility and security guards posted at all entrances.
- Access to servers is restricted to a limited number of authorized engineers.
- Security is strictly enforced using the very latest technology, including man-trap technology between lobby and datacenter, motion sensors and controlled ID key-cards.
- Security guards stationed at every entrance to the site.
- 12+ Megawatts from SDG&E, over two divergent and redundant connections
- 2N and N+1 AC UPS power plants (triple-redundant power feeds)
- A/B, 120/208v, Single-phase/Three-phase circuits
- Up to 16 KWs per rack or higher
- N+1 emergency generator configuration
- Minimum 24-hour run time fuel capacity onsite
- Multiple fuel providers with 4 hour response or better
- Full data-grade HVAC system with N+1 redundancy
- Carrier air-cooled chillers and air handlers.
- Cooling security via the elimination of water-filled piping from the datacenter space.
- N+1 CRAC/CRAH units on data center floors, electrical and UPS rooms
- 72 degree ambient air temperature (+/-2 degrees)
- 45% humidity (+/-5%)
- Zoned Halon fire protection in all data center suites
- Dry-pipe, pre-action double interlock fire suppression system
- Zone specific discharge
dotCOM host main datacenter is Califonia's most important communications hub, with carriers including AT&T, Global Crossing, Level 3 Communications, MCI/Verizon, Sprint, XO Communications, and many others.
Failover arrangements to two additional California facilities and a redundant Phoenix, Arizona datacent ensure constant uptime.
- Multiple fiber vaults with diverse entry into the data center
- Large carrier-neutral meet-me-room
- Performance-routed blended network: AT&T, Global Crossing, Level 3, Savvis, Sprint, Verizon, XO & peering via Any2 Exchange & Cenic
- Seamless private Layer 2 transport to any remote dotCOM host data center. (One Wilshire in Los Angeles CA; Van Buren in Phoenix, AZ; Lightwave, Tech Center and Fiber Alley datacenters in San Diego, CA
- Multiple fiber providers on-site including: AT&T, Cogent, Cox, Level 3, Telepacific, Time Warner, TW Telecom and XO
- 24x7x365 on-site security staff
- Cameras with remote door release at facility entrance - only authorized personnel are allowed to enter
- Biometric hand scanner at man trap entrance
- Card access control at all interior doors
- CCTV digital surveillance cameras with 180 days storage on all main data center areas
- Motion-detection for lighting on data center floors
- All customer equipment is registered upon arrival and can only be removed by authorized personnel
- Shipping and receiving area is isolated from the datacenter floors